Supervisor, Finance & Administration
job status expired
Category: Accounting & Finance
Career Level: : Middle level (2 year experience)
Required Number: -
Employment Type: Full Time
by: Habesha Jobs
Jobs Location: Bonga, SNNPR
Employer: Ethiopian Commodity Exchange
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to promote motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Job Summary/Purpose: The purpose of this job is to provide efficient support finance, human and general service and property administration functions at branch level with a view of ensuring the smooth and cost-effective delivery of the site’s operations; to deliver required services in compliance with ECX’s administration, finance and HR strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as that applicable Ethiopian law are regulations; and to liaise and closely works with Head Quarter Finance and HR division.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Liaises with the Head Quarter Finance Division in areas of cash management, procurement and general services;
· Serves as a custodian of the authorized petty cash of the branch and ensure proper utilization as per the finance manual ;
· Prepares cash reconciliation spread sheet for the branch and performs reconciliation of same;
· Ensures that all petty cash payments are properly documented all the time;
· Makes ready physical cash and related documents for surprise and/or regular audit;
· Participates in the small items procurement process of the branch as allowed by the Exchange’s procurement procedure;
· Ensures timely transfer of funds to the warehouse & controls the proper utilization of the same;
· Ensures collections are properly recorded and deposited to the ECX’s account; follows up of Contract entered for the Warehouse and Office rent.
· Follows up and ensure that every request for rent payment is not a duplicate request.
· Assists in closing accounts related activities such as carrying out annual fixed asset count;
· Perform all his/her duties and responsibilities in cost effective manner;
· Supports in posting internal/external announcements at required areas, employee recruitment, induction, performance monitoring, and learning & development management and internship programs and processes;
· Follows up that human resources related activities of the branch are made in accordance with the ECX’s policies and procedures; personnel policies, rules and regulations kept intact; and reports any disciplinary violations, makes assessments and compiles reports thereto;
· Supports in handling employee grievances, disciplinary issues and other administrative problems according to ECX’s policies and procedures in consultation with the branch manager ;
· Ensures that all HR related data, including time sheet, are compiled, updated and sent to HR; effective and updated employee staff file management is maintained at branch level particularly in relation to Annual Leave and medical refund issues, correspondence, memos, and information and do give appropriate response timely;
· Handles employee contract renewal and related HR processes, and ensures that contract of employees is renewed or discontinued timely;
· Follow ups that staff performance plans, mid-year reviews and annual appraisal are conducted on time for all staff of the warehouse;
· Works in collaboration with the other warehouse heads as required;
· Manages the petty stock of consumables for the branch;
· Prepares and updates procurement schedules for materials and services requested by the warehouse;
· Places procurement orders, follows shipment, forwarding and clearance;
· Collects and receive all supplies sent to the warehouse, ensure proper utilization and prepare consumption reports,
· Pursues timely vehicle repair and maintenance and maintain regular reports on fuel, spare part consumption and related expenses;
· Maintain appropriate records of materials, vehicle and other fixed assets.
· Perform any additional duties as per the Finance or HR request or as assigned by the branch manager.
For Decision Making
The supervisor, finance & administration is responsible to:-
- Decide on completeness of payment request supporting documents,
- Follow up daily cash position of the branch and execute replenishment decision,
- Follow up HR related activities were kept intact with ECX’s rules & regulation; decide on disciplinary issues to be report for consultation.
- Ensure that branch’s financial; HR & GS procedures, standards and plans are adhered.
- Decide on when to purchase branch equipment’s’ in accordance with the procurement schedules
Required Qualification and Experience:
· MBA\MA\MSc\BA\BSc in Accounting, Management, Business Administration, HRM, or related fields
· 2/4 years relevant experience in accounting, HR administration, or related areas
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: email@example.com on or before Feb. 26, 2019.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Posted Date: 2019-02-20