job status expired
Category: Information Technology
Career Level: : Senior level (5 year experience)
Required Number: -
Employment Type: -
by: Habesha Jobs
Jobs Location: Addis Ababa
Employer: Merq Consultancy plc
MERQ Consultancy is a private consultancy firm that aspires to be a leading Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Quality Improvement firm with national, continental and global impacts on the health of people.
One of the options to reach more people and create the platform for learning is a fully functional website. Cognizant of this, MERQ is desirous of upgrading its existing website so it can have a more functional and more interactive website that provides a host of options to accomplish its mission.
We are seeking to hire an experienced, highly motivated individual with proven technical capabilities to perform the intended website design as per the below specification,
Scope of the Project
- The website should be designed in a way that it will permit MERQ IT personnel to update the content/pages easily and quickly using a web-based interface.
- Website should enable users to create account by getting registered
- Website should allow the users to upload, access, navigate, search documents and information easily.
- MRQ logos, should be displayed prominently throughout the websites homepage
- Website must be compatible with all the currently available browsers and no plugins are to be required as default to access the website and has the capability of SEO/Search engine optimization
- Testing to be done all applicable platforms to ensure that website is stable and runs fast on all.
- The website must be safe and secure and free of any malware, adware or any such unsecure and unwanted scripts. Security audit and testing of the website at regular intervals to keep will be done to make it secured.
- It should support users to print or email pages.
- Broad design of the website to be generic type and different types of categories of contents/user to be maintained by Web-admin with the facility of addition, deletion, edit, restoring and hide from public view.
- Apart from web-admin, website will be having a family of users who would be responsible for managing content
- Access for registered users to be provided based on types of membership which may govern number of pages/content to be displayed.
- If user is not a member of the website, then only a certain part/basic web site contents should by visible. As such users may be given/exposed to limited access.
- Latest and modern open source web-technologies (to make website for any type of device) shall be used for responsive design
- Interactive features will be used to make the website attractive for all stakeholders
- Design shall be neutral to make the website available on all devices and platforms especially on mobile devices (using mobile web-interface and/or an app interface)
- The website shall be designed so as to take advantage offered by popular social media
- It should allow users with different privileges. At least three groups of users will be there:
o Website Administrator/ Moderator
o Information Seeker/Non registered Users- access the web page for information
o Registered Users-
o Students- register for some course and see information related to their academic area
o Researchers- upload and download research and/or other related materials
Envisaged Web Page contents
- The following are some of the important contents to be included
- In the home page
o MRQ’s logo
o A slider
o A news area
o Quick links
o Registration page
o Login window
o Gallery to put pictures, videos ...
o search utility (for documents and anything stored inside in the website)
o Archive to put research and publication documents
o Many more
- The Main menu links- carrying links to –Contact us, About us, Research and publication, Portfolio,
- Footer area: The repeating footer element shall contain the links to the following pages:
o Site map
o Social network page access- Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other
o popular network sites (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn,)
- A link to the most recent documents uploaded to the website
Duration proposed for the project is 3-4 weeks from the award of the project. But the winner will give one-year support post Go-Live. Once the development is over, the winning organization should also provide training for back end administrative users and content mangers/updaters.
- Prepare well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Facilitate Domain name registration of the website.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software/website documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling of the site
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with the company web administrator and technical team to match visual design intent and content requirement
- Train the company web administrator on the system usage and maintenance
- At least five years Work experience as a senior web developer a
- In-depth knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Good understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or relevant field
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the above criteria are invited to submit CV along with non-returnable credential within Ten (10) days to MERQ Consultancy PLC through email: email@example.com
Please specify the position you are applying for on the subject line as "Website Designer" position
Posted Date: 2019-02-13