job status expired
Category: Information Technology
Career Level: : Middle level (2 year experience)
Required Number: 1
Employment Type: Contract
by: Habesha Jobs
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
Jobs Location: Addis Ababa
Employer: Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Under the general Supervision of the ICT Manager, The ICT Officer performs overall ICT support and administration activities including end user support or troubleshooting, installation, configuration administration and management of ICT equipment like servers, desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, switches, UPS, routers, PBX system; supports the acquisition, implementation and appropriate use of latest ICT technology (hardware, network, software or communication device).
- Responsible for first line user support and maintenance or trouble shooting, installation and configuration of PCs, Servers, Laptops, UPS, Printers, Scanners, projectors, administration of communication system;
- Administers the organization LAN/WAN, installs, maintains, and upgrades hardware, software, services and other networking components and monitors periodically LAN system, mail servers, application servers, security server, PBX systems and takes appropriative corrective measures;
- Installs and tests software updates and patch programs to support various applications and various desktop, laptop and Servers operation systems;
- Identifies the hardware, software or communication system needed to provide solution to problems, assisting in customization and adaptation of existing systems or perform requirement analysis for new automation needs;
- Works on the preparation of technical specification and perform pro forma evaluation for ICT equipment and check delivery of ICT equipment as per the specification;
- Performs data maintenance and integrity activities and ensuring system security and perform critical data backup regularly;
- Facilitates and provides ICT technical service, advice and support to all users of the organization and monitor availability, capacity and performance of the ICT infrastructure and applications in regional offices;
- Ensures MSIE regional offices are linked through LAN/WAN systems and administers and provides support for Client management system that is being implemented in MSIE centres;
- Prepares training proposals relevant to MSIE user’s interest and provides training and support on technical aspects of corporate applications and information security responsibilities;
- Provides on the job training to MSIE regional users to support the use of modern ICT in the organization and ensure regional staff to effectively communicate with support office;
- Technically assists departments/work units, regional offices, centre to develop, design and deliver their own program/project related training programs essential for the organization;
- Conducts other IT related assignments as required.
MSc/ BSc in Computer Science, or Information Technology,
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Possession of thorough knowledge microcomputer hardware and software and LAN operating system, LAN based application software, security, communication and diagnosis tools
- Good knowledge of IT systems, computer equipment operations management, hardware and software technology and must possess excellent interpersonal skills to maintain open communication
- Strong client focus and genuine desire to travel to remote areas and assist end users, analytical skills, persistence, good communication skills, able to work as part of team and, patient and tolerant, technical aptitude, methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving.
- Willing to travel frequently to regional offices, centres and provide overall ICT support to MSIE end users.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Posted Date: 2019-02-15