Information Technology Analyst
job status expired
Category: Information Technology
Career Level: : Middle level (2 year experience)
Required Number: -
Employment Type: Full time
by: Habesha Jobs
Jobs Location: Addis Ababa
Main Job Purpose
The main purpose of the IT Analyst role is to act as a representative for the whole of IT, including the IT Service lines, Global functional Business partnering and Innovation, with the geography business teams.
- Engage with business teams within his/her area of responsibility to communicate and scope the IT plan aligned with overall IT plan
- Undertake activation activities for Global IT Innovation & Service Line activation programs as required by IT Manager
- Undertake the relevant project execution and management activities to support Local Growth Programs working with Service Lines in the delivery of these projects
LEGACY & HERITAGE SERVICES
- Undertake the necessary activities to provide L2/3 support for L&H applications within area of responsibility
- Work with Global Innovation to provide necessary integration activities with L&H applications to support Global innovation programs
- Undertake the necessary project management and application development activities for L&H Innovation projects within scope responsibilities
- Effectively work with and manage vendors in delivery of application management of L&H Applications
- Assist with communication and resolution of Incidents for L&H applications
- Input to review of L&H services within area of responsibility and help develop action plans for these.
- Undertake necessary activities to ensure achievement of L&H service improvement plans within area of responsibility.
- Ensure high level understanding off overall system architecture well understood and documented.
- Ensure IT analyst help file /playbook exist for all L&H within scope of responsibility.
EXISTING GLOBAL IT SERVICES
- Support the IT Manager to ensure effective delivery of day to day IT operations, ensuring that IT services delivered are as per business requirements
- Align with Unilever standard operating practice in delivery of IT Services
- Input to review of Global services within area of responsibility and help develop action plans for these and track achievement of action plans within area of responsibility
- Contribute to implementing key actions to address service improvement areas
- Inputs to and helps define Geography demand for Services and communicates these to Service Lines
- Work with Global (HP,BT etc) & Local vendors in delivery of Global services where appropriate
- Manage the delivery of out-of-scope activities and maintenance of out-of-scope infrastructure as appropriate within scope of responsibilities
- Assist with communication and coordination of status of Urgent Incidents within the Geography and understanding impact to support resolution of these incidents
- Escalate unresolved incidents on the basis of criticality to the IT Manager
- In the case of relevant incidents impacting core business processes , work together with the functions in order to activate BCP to minimize disruption
- Participate in problem management activities within area of responsibility as required to support Service Line/Operations teams in resolving problems
- Work with business teams to ensure that the benefits of the existing services and new/updated services within area of responsibility are achieved
IT COSTS, PROCUREMENT & CONTROLS
- Assist with processing of actual costs as required within area of responsibility and tracks and ensures payment to local vendors
- Assist with input of cost drivers to budget process including assisting in IT hardware and software requirement planning and budgeting
- Supports hardware and software asset management activities as appropriate within area of responsibility within scope of responsibility
COMPLIANCE & DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN
- Adhere to governance & compliance framework
- Support Execution of Disaster Recovery plans as appropriate within area of responsibility
- Work with third party in Geography as appropriate
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT
- 3 years minimum relevant working experience as an IT Analyst in an FMCG environment
- Desirable experience in; Project Management, ITIL V3 Foundation or higher and Networking certification e.g. CCNA, CCNP
- Of added advantage will be relevant experience with IT systems
- SAP background, working with vendors; active agile usage and experience in African markets.
How to Apply
Applicants who fulfill the above criteria can apply through the below link before the deadline.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Posted Date: 2019-01-17