job status expired
Category: Development & Project Manager
Career Level: : (3 year experience)
Required Number: -
Employment Type: Contract
by: Habesha Jobs
Jobs Location: Okugo Refugee Camp/Dimma
Employer: Danish Refugee Council
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Working under the direct management of the Deputy Area Manager, the Protection Specialist will be responsible in ensuring the CPiE, EiE and GBViE programs of DRC in Okugu Refugee Camp are delivered to a high quality in line with DRC’s, donors and international standards
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Provide technical support and guidance to the protection teams at the field level on CP/EiE/GBV ; including development of technical tools and guidance, tailored capacity building plans, trainings and on-the-job coaching;
- Work closely with other DRC sectors (including Shelter and Infrastructure, Livelihoods and WASH ) to ensure that protection is adequately addressed and mainstreamed across sectors and humanitarian interventions;
- Lead protection related assessments such as CP Monitoring and GBV Safety Audits
- Ensure strong information management and use of databases for information management and reporting
- Represent DRC at field protection working groups (working group, GBV Task Force, CPiE, EiE WG, etc) and other fora as required, in coordination with Protection team Leader
In this position, you will also be expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for Excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the Lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating Integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and value
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in an entry to mid to level position, preferably with experience in the NGO field.
- Experience in Protection / CP/EiE/GBV
- Experience from humanitarian and refugee context and advantage
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies
- M.Ed/ B.Ed in Sociology/Social work Education/ ECCD/Special Needs or other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in Amharic and English
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than October 25, 2018.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit. It is DRC policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to gender, race, national, clan or tribal origin, religion, age, sex, origin or ancestry, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled individual.
Posted Date: 2018-10-15