Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
Bachelor Degree in public health, or equivalent combination of education and 3 up to 5 years’ experience in public health and rural development projects.
Desirable quality, skill and competence
· Strong knowledge, understanding of community based approaches such as care group, men health group, community based reproductive health promotion, school youth sexual reproductive health peer-education and health system strengthen and implementation of integrated community based Rural Development Programme activities.
· Knowledge and understanding and application of community health promotion interventions in reproductive health, nutrition, control and management of malaria and diarrheal disease and sustainable development of core principles and values.
· Act as a catalyst in moving the development agenda forward;
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with GOAL staff, target communities, local government organizations, and NGO,
· Able to respect the culture, value and customs of the community, recognizing the important role- cultural, historical and social factors play as an integral part of balanced development,
· Knowledge of local language (Afan Oromo) is a must; capable of communicating in English both in spoken and writing,
· Highly motivated and able to work unsupervised and team orientated approach.
· Flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
· Willing to reside in the assigned Kebele and travel long distances with little or no transportation facility in the field,
· Resilience: Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic, persistent and professional even under adverse, stressful or difficult situations.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
A chance to develop tangible experience.
Being part of a team that continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensuring that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different policies including safeguarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conduct and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title needs to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
· Applicants who have access to the internet can directly submit their application to email@example.com
Applicants without access to the internet can submit to the Administration & Human Resources Department, GOAL Ethiopia P. O. Box 5504, Addis Ababa or personally to GOAL Ethiopia Regional Office at Meta or Head Office reception.