Addis Exporter LTD PLC
Employment type: Fulll time
Required No: -
Experience: minimum 5 years
Career level: Managerial level
Location: Addis Ababa
Posted date: 1 month ago
Addis Exporter PLC was established and licensed with the objectives of providing processing and exporting of coffee and import and selling of packaging materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Major duties and responsibilities of the Finance Manager are
- Oversee the overall Company budgeting preparation, management and monitoring processes.
- Perform financial analysis, reporting and management activities.
- Ensure that the financial reports are prepared and delivered on time.
- Review financial data for accuracy, correctness and completeness.
- Support and monitor employees within the department.
- Monitor and manage all expense within the allotted budget.
- Establish key financial strategies to enhance business profitability.
- Ensure financial team follows company policies and regulations.
- Develop standard accounting procedures to improve financial operations efficiency.
- Participate in performance evaluation of finance staff and conduct counseling sessions to identify skill development needs.
- Review annual budgets and recommend any changes if needed.
- Assist in account payable and receivable activities.
- Perform account reconciliation activities.
- Generate financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses, etc.
- Ensure accurate calculation and distribution of salaries and other benefits to employees.
- Represent the Company to correspond with Government Offices
- Candidates should be willing for frequent travels to regions outside Addis Ababa as the position requires monitoring of the Company’s overall operations.
- Finance Department
- General Manager
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or related fields is mandatory. The Company encourages candidates who have at least basic knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting Software.
- Candidates are expected to have experience of five years and above as a Finance Manager or similar senior positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- It is important to plan and conduct an honest self-assessment of your knowledge, skills and abilities. In particular, employers are looking for:
- Components of financial statements
- Double-entry accounting
- Journal entries
- Legal compliance requirements
- Computer systems
- Accounting software
- Written communication
- Verbal communication
- Professional skepticism
- Analytical knowledge
- To work under stress
- Attention to detail
- Working in teams
- Knowledge of QuickBooks (Accounting Software)