Oromia Development Association (ODA)
Employment type: Full time
Required No: one
Experience: minimum 3 years
Career level: Junior level
Location: Bishoftu, Oromia
Salary: as per scale
Posted date: 3 weeks ago
Major Responsibilities :
- Preparing payment vouchers, cash receipt vouchers and all other documents for data processing
- Ensure proper documentation of financial documents.
- Reconcile bank statements with organization records monthly.
- Follow up a settlement of advance transferred to project office and Boarding schools appropriately.
- Coding expenditures based on ODA- chart of account and enter into Peachtree accounting system
- Update the financial data in Peachtree Accounting system
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and develop accurate and relevant conclusions
- Assist program/project sections of the organization in preparing a budget plan
- Prepare financial reports and submit for decision-maker
- Prepare periodical financial reports based on the agreed time frame.
- Ensure the financial management of ODA is in line with the terms and conditions depicted in the ODA and grant manual..
- Responsible for the facilitation of any project administration with financial matters.
- Carry out any other relevant duties as may be specified by the project section staff.
- Ensure proper financial documentation of the organization.
- Provide technical support to partner’s/sub-grantee towards prepare financial management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant
- Facilitate the periodic project audit as required and submit the report to the donor and government Organizations stockholders.
Qualification & Skill – BA in Accounting
- Basic skill in computers.
- Good experience in Peachtree Accounting Software.
- Written & oral communication skills in A/Oromo, English and Amharic are Mandatory.
- Experience of accurate financial accounting with full compliance experienced at implementing policies and practices which are fully compliant with GAAP and national requirements
- Skilled at accurately managing donor funds meeting their individual needs and building positive relationships with all donors through accurate and timely reporting
- Knowledge of USAID grant rules & regulations
- High levels of attention to detail leading to the production of accurate reports,
- Experience at leading a cost-conscious approach
How To Apply
This position is open to male and female applicants. An interested applicant who fulfills the job posting requirements can submit their complete application package which contains:
- Application letter along with recent CV;
- Non-returnable copies with originals of Degree & Student copy, relevant work experience, and other necessary documents.
Review of complete application packages will begin as soon as they are received.
Incomplete application packages will not be reviewed. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact selected, shortlisted candidates.
Place(s) of Application: ODA Head Office; in front of Bole Medihanialem; 6th floor at HRD Dep't. (Oromia Tower),Finfine. telephone no. 0116392196 and ODA boarding school Bishoftu branch, near management institute, Bishoftu, telephone no 0114302583 / 0912208269.
Date of Application: 7 (seven) consecutive working days starting from the announced date for all vacant positions.