National Tobacco Enterprise (Ethiopia) Sh. co.
Employment type: Full time
Required No: one
Experience: minimum 8 years
Career level: Senior level
Location: Addis Ababa
Posted date: 3 weeks ago
Under the direction of the engineering division plans, directs coordinates, organizes and supervises the activities of Mechanical Workshop; ensures availability of all required machineries and systems in place and properly implemented. Organizes dispatches and supervised mechanical maintenance crews. Ensure the effective and efficient allocation of mechanical maintenance manpower and adequate and timely supply of spare parts and maintenance materials for farm as per their request. Ensure the proper, smooth and effective performance of mechanical maintenance work with minimum cost and time frame. Support supervises and evaluates the performance of subordinates.
- Plans, organizes coordinates, guides and supervises the activities of the section; Plan and prepare schedule for the planned maintenance of workshop machinery and equipment; Study and propose possibility of manufacturing imported spare parts, equipments and light machinery at the company mechanical workshop;
- Ensures effective and efficient allocation of mechanical maintenance manpower and the timely and adequate supply and availability of tools, spare parts and maintenance materials; Requests for acquisition of mechanical spare parts, various instruments, tools equipments and consumable materials;
- Ensures that all plant machinery and equipment are mechanically in good operating conditions; Prepares and submits annual budget for machinery, spare parts, various types of instruments, tools materials and manpower and follows up implementation when approved;
- Checks test and accepts maintenance work undertaken; Undertakes studies on productivity improvements based on the performance of machines and suggest replacement of old and inefficient machines;
- Suggests parts that can be manufactured in workshop and follows up implementation upon approval; Identify parts manufactured repeatedly and study and propose alternative ways and manufacturing for stock;
- Submits technical reports and installation drawings for machines to be bought for the factory and the farms.
- Ensures that established working practices and procedures as well as safety precaution, procedures, guidelines are complied with;
- Submits consolidated be-weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually work performance reports;
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- B.S.c Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer and applicable skills.
- Advance level of English in writing and speaking.
- At least 8 years of job related experience. Manufacturing company experience is plus.
Relevant Experience is the experience that is accumulated after graduation.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter, Curriculum vitae and copy of supporting documents only through email address NTEHR101@gmail.com
Application email subject shall state the position title and the attached files or documents shall be only in a zipped folder format.
Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about our company you can visit our website www.ethiotobacco.com Address
National Tobacco Enterprise (Eth) Sh.Co.
Roosevelt Road (from Mexico to Sarbet) Beside African Union Head Office