Assistant Procurement Officer
Employment type: Full time
Required No: -
Experience: minimum 3 years
Career level: Middle level
Location: Addis Ababa
Salary: 13,480 - 16,122
Posted date: 3 weeks ago
Job Purpose :
The Procurement Officer is responsible to carry out purchasing for Concern Worldwide and ensuring that all purchasing is in line with Concerns procurement manual and donor guidelines and to ensure good value for money and quality when sourcing supplies for Concern Worldwide
Main duties and Responsibilities :
· Ensure that all procurement requests are processed efficiently and timely.
· Ensure that Suppliers Requests (SRs) are received with full (adequately detailed) specifications of the supplies needed and that all sections of the form are adequately completed.
· Ensure that all documents are approved by the appropriate, authorized person at the correct time.
· Review Supplies Requests submitted, ensure correct procurement procedure is followed.
· Prepare all necessary paperwork for requesting quotations, evaluating quotations and putting LPOs or contracts in place.
· Ensure that requested goods and services are timely procured and delivered to final recipient.
· Ensure that no unnecessary delays occur during the processes of requesting quotations, during the evaluation process or when putting in place a Purchase Order or Contract.
· Oversee the collection and receipt of goods from suppliers, ensuring that the goods are of the required specifications.
· Provide punctual feedback to budget holders whenever there might be delays at any point during a procurement process.
· Assist in developing an efficient and effective supply chain, keep database of local suppliers and prices of frequently needed goods and services.
· Carry out extensive supplier and market reviews and maintain a preferred supplier list in all locations of operation in Ethiopia.
· Ensure that contracts trackers are up to date and that contracts are renewed in a timely manner.
· Oversee the routine pre-qualification exercises, ensuring that the full process is followed in accordance with the procurement guidelines.
· Prepare all tender dossiers to an appropriate standard, prior to all tenders as per the donor and Concerns guidelines.
· Coordinate the import process and paperwork for items imported by Concern.
· Periodically provide additional training to staff on procurement procedures.
· Ensure that the process outlined in Concern’s Procurement Guidelines are followed at all times.
· Maintaining a filing system in line with Concern procurement guidelines.
· Efficient management of all documentation and paper trails in the Concern procurement system. When unsure seek assistance from the Systems Director, who will provide training as requested and in relation to new procedures.
· Demonstrate understanding of Concern Ethiopia’s Gender Equality Strategy
· Contribute to ensuring that Concern Ethiopia is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
· Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
· Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (P4 and associated policies, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc).
· Contribute to ongoing security management and planning as necessary.
· Actively participate in any emergency response if called upon to do so (within the existing program area or in a new one).
Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned to you by the supervisor or line manager
Emergency Response :
The concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopian Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies:
· Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
· BA/Diploma Purchasing/Supplies Mgt/Accounting
· Diploma in Supply Management/Diploma in purchasing
· At least 3 years’ experience
· Demonstrate an understanding of Gender Equality
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of English in oral and writing
What we Offer:
· A competitive salary and benefit package
· Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
· 20 days annual leave
Creativity and innovation – Seeks out, develops and successfully implements new ideas that further the needs of Concern and those we work with; builds on proven approaches and learns from ongoing work to improve it
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Ethiojobs.net OR Concern Ethiopia, Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 2434, Addis Ababa. OR Mekelle Coordination Office OR
Apply in person at our office in Addis Ababa
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted