Movie Production manager and Director
Adready Media Production and Advertising PLC
Employment type: Contract
Required No: -
Experience: minimum 2 years
Career level: Middle level
Location: Addis Ababa
Posted date: 1 month ago
We are looking for highly organized, creative candidates who know how to get the best out of the talent at their disposal. Film Directors are responsible for reading and editing scripts, identifying set locations and coordinating with camera crew, art directors, set designers, etc. to create a consistent style, among other duties.
Film Directors need to create a film while adhering to strict budgets and timelines, requiring excellent organizational skills.
- Hires production crew, including actors, makeup artists, and costume designers, and contractors
- Develops production budgets and schedules
- Motivating actors to produce their best dramatic performance.
- Reading scripts and working on its continued development.
- Attending casting sessions and selecting actors.
- Interpreting a script and understanding the story and narrative style.
- Overseeing rehearsals.
- Identifying set locations.
- Working within budgetary constraints.
- Managing conflict on set.
- Adhering to a production schedule.
- Coordinating with camera crew, art directors, costume designers and musical composers to ensure a consistent creative execution.
- Working with the editor to create the film in its final form.
- Assisting in the marketing and promotion of the film.
Educated and certified in one of the following fields or related
- Film Production /filmmaking/
- media production
- Minimum of 2-5 year previous experience in one of the above fields or similar [Applicants must show valid proof of previous work experience]
- Applicants are expected to have several years' experience and a thorough understanding of all movie-making techniques, including directing and editing skills.
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of principles and procedures for staff recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, job design, labor relations and negotiation, and Human Resources Information Systems.
· Excellent reading, writing skills in English and Amharic.
· Intermediate typing skills in English and Amharic.
· Intermediate web browsing and email communication skills.
How To Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit applications on our Email email@example.com for review, after which you will be contacted for an interview
Documents needed to apply: -
1. CV with full contact information
2. Previous work experience documentation
3. Previous work samples
Contact information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org