Selamta Family Project
Employment type: Contract
Required No: -
Experience: minimum 1 year
Career level: Junior level
Location: Addis Ababa
Posted date: 1 month ago
Selamta Family Project, Inc. (SFP) is a non-profit organization registered as foreign charitable organizationwith the Charities and Societies Agency of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
SFP runs a project based in Bethel and serves more-than-hundred and thirty Ethiopian children whose parents have died or are incapacitated by HIV/AIDS, other disabilities, or poverty. Selamta's mission is uniting orphaned children and marginalized women to create forever families and bright futures in Ethiopia. Selamta's goal is to prepare each child for the successful transition to adulthood, for a satisfying and productive career, and for a contributing and responsible citizenship. For further information, visit www.selamtafamilyproject.org
SFP would like to invite qualified and competent applicants for the following vacant position:
The Operations Manager is responsible for improving organizational processes, quality, productivity and efficiency by providing inspired leadership for the operations of the organization, i.e. overseeing the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures as well as assisting the F&A in human resources issues, as needed.
Priority Tasks by Responsibility:
Overseeing and facilitating Operations
- Make sure all the operations are carried out according to the organizations’ policies and procedures
- Help the management team vis-a-vis important policy, planning, and strategy decisions
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Assist the F&A in relation to some HR operations
- Work with all stakeholders as needed
- Build and maintain healthy working relationships with ChSA, BOFED, WCAB and other related government offices
- Compile and submit licensing forms as needed, i.e, ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Compile and submit annual reports to respective government agencies
- Facilitate monitoring and evaluation visits by each licensing agency
- Attend meetings and conferences required by licensing agencies
Human Resource Management Support
- Assist the Finance and Admin in relation to some human resource management responsibilities, as needed
Salary and Benefits
- 5,800.00 Birr Basic Salary + 1,400.00 Transportation + 300.00 for Cell Phone Allowance
- 50% Medical coverage (not exceeding a month’s basic salary amount)
- (six months with possibility of extension)
- BA Degree in social sciences or related fields + 1 year of experience in similar areas of work
- Advanced Computer knowledge is highly advantageous.
- Ability to develop, implement and review policies and procedures.
- Understanding of necessary legal and regulatory documents.
- Willingness to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in computer including Word, Excel, internet - ability to learn new platforms
- Accountable, honest, transparent and dependable
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and speech [English & Amharic]
- Passionate about children and youth development
- Willing to work outside of the normal working hours, if needed
How To Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the aforementioned requirements can send non-returnable application letter and CV within 5 working days from the date of the announcement via firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in person.
Qualified and competent women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.