Forklift Driver / Operator
Employment type: Full time
Required No: -
Experience: minimum 1 year
Career level: Middle level
Location: Debre Zeit / Bishoftu
Salary: Based on company salary scale
Posted date: 1 month ago
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operate powered industrial electric and diesel forklift trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into vehicles.
2. drives safely and carefully, observing people and obstacles; takes extra caution in bed weather or if the road is in bad condition.
3. Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
4. Checking loads are secure.
5. Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery, Ensures that the vehicle is in good condition and equipped with the necessary tools and safety materials as well as routinely checks the validity of insurance, next service time, Day-to-day maintenance, including checking oil and other fluids, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
6. Keeping log of vehicle use, maintenance, and service.
7. Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
8. Maintain a clean & safe working environment
9. High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- High school diploma. (MUST)
- Excellent English (MUST)
- Valid driver’s license (MUST)
- excellent driving record (no history of major accidents within the last 3 years) (MUST)
- Experience of at least 1 year driving similar vehicle (MUST)
- Having a good sense of balance & good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
How To Apply
Interested applicants who can fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter with non-returnable CV and supporting documents within 10 (Ten) consecutive working days from the date of this announcement in person to HR Department office or through-mail: email@example.com
Please mention the title of the position you applied for the subject line of your email. Candidates who do not follow the instruction will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be notified for interview.