Human Resource Manager
The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation
Employment type: full time
Required No: -
Experience: minimum 10 years
Career level: Managerial level
Location: Addis Ababa
Posted date: 1 month ago
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit the website: https://www.icrc.org/ . The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Human Resource Manager
Human Resources (HR) Manager 2 is responsible for providing professional HR support, services and advice to all staff members of a delegation or assigned headquarters divisions in line with the organization’s HR strategy, in order to enable line managers and employees to respond appropriately to operational challenges.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translates operational needs and challenges into local HR strategy and priorities; implements the corresponding action plan validated for the delegation.
- Advises and coaches line managers in fulfilling their people management responsibilities.
- Implements ad hoc HR projects and initiatives.
- Facilitates collaboration and communication between the delegation and HR units at headquarters.
- Creates and maintains internal communication channels and tools (staff meetings, notice board, employee representatives, organizational charts, surveys, etc.);
- Communicates and promotes the role of the HR team to all staff members.
- Guides staff members at all stages of their life cycle within the organization, on both administrative HR and professional development matters.
- Ensures HR processes are implemented and related services (recruitment, HR administration, training, staff health and well-being) delivered according to ICRC policies and guidelines and in compliance with local legislation.
- Develops and maintains sound knowledge of the local labour market and recruitment channels and an overview of the availability of local talent.
- Anticipates HR needs and scenarios to align with operational developments and/or contingency plans.
- Supervises HR service providers within the delegation.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in HR or equivalent (or certified Professional experience in HR).
Fluent command of English, Amharic and other Local Languages is an asset.
Computer proficiency (Usage of HRIS database is required)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Typically 10-12 years overall professional experience, with at least 3 years of relevant experience in an HR generalist or HR Manager function and at least 3 years' experience in staff management.
- Training or experience in HR partnership, personal development, labor law, conflict management, knowledge assessment tools.
How To Apply
you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (in front of EIAR, Megenagna, around Egzeabher AB Church) OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.