Employer: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Employment type: Full time
Required No: -
Experience: minimum 1 year
Career level: Junior level
Location: Shire, Tigray
Posted date: 2 months ago
GIZ Programme- Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia (QEP) has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in December 2017. The programme is co-financed by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) and is part of the German Special Initiative Tackling the Root Causes of Displacement, Reintegrating Refugees and seeks to provide better vocational training and employment perspectives for refugees and host communities in Ethiopia. The programme leverages the potentials of TVET for integration. Implementation takes place in Addis Ababa, Benishangul-Gumuz, Somali, Gambella and Tigray Regions.
QEP works on three output levels and seeks to (1) increase the quality of technical and vocational training (TVET), (2) broaden the opportunities of TVET available to the target groups and (3) foster entrepreneurship and exchange formats for employment. QEP works together with the public TVET system and tries to extend the standards of the Ethiopian TVET system to TVET opportunities available for refugees and remote host communities. The programme works in fragile social and economic contexts.
Responsibilities and Duties:-
- Keeping the office premises clean and tidy
- Regular provision of refreshment to office workers (Eg Coffee/tea, water etc…)
- Provides services at meetings, e.g. serves coffee and tea for participants and visitors
- Sets up and prepares the conference rooms as instructed
- Supports office on clerical activities such as copy, binding etc.
- Running errands and carrying out other tasks needed to run the office smoothly
- Occasional welcoming, guidance and treatment of office visitors
- Secondary school education
- At least one- three years of work experience in a comparable position with references
- Excellent in speaking Amharic and Tigrigna languages
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Good communication skill
How To Apply
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.