Senior Project Officer
Employer: Internation Foundation for Electoral System - IFES
Employment type: Full time
Required No: -
Experience: minimum 5 years
Career level: Senior level
Location: Addis Ababa
Posted date: 2 months ago
The Senior Project Officer will provide technical and operation support to the IFES Ethiopia field office.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high level technical assistance and input in the area of legal and regulatory reform; this may include reviewing, updating, drafting and commenting on electoral and referenda legislation; institutional by-laws and proclamations, including technical topics such as inclusion, electoral dispute resolution and political finance (in English and Amharic).
- Liaise with international and national electoral stakeholders, maintain and nourish key relationships;
- Support implementation of activities as directed by the Senior Project Manager, based on approved workplan(s), budgeting, and other relevant frameworks;
- Provide input into the annual workplan drafting process;
- Coordinate with IFES’ CEPPS partners and other USAID implementing partners, and participate in roundtables or other events per Senior Project Manager’s guidance;
- Contribute to regular programmatic reports to donors and IFES HQ, including monthly and quarterly performance reports;
- Contribute regularly to monitoring & evaluation data collection;
- Maintain crucial project documents which track project progress, file all project documents in an appropriate database, ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Senior Project Manager;
- Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project, communicate these items with the Senior Project Manager, and work to identify potential solutions;
- Closely monitor the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task, raise potential delays with the Senior Project Manager;
- Ensure branding, marking, and reporting expectations are well planned and met;
- Maintain and develop productive working relationships with partner organizations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Field Job Grade:
- IFES Ethiopia Senior Project Manager
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills;
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law; other fields may be considered depending on the candidate’s experience;
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience or 4 years of relevant work experience plus a specialized degree;
- Experience working with USAID-support projects/international NGOs on implementation of international technical assistance programs considered a plus;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in election administration preferred;
- Demonstrated professional experience of drafting legal memos and documents in Amharic and English;
- Experience in reviewing, drafting, analyzing electoral legal and regulatory frameworks considered a plus;
- Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage;
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Amharic required; including typing.
How To Apply
Please state the subject line of your email As "Senior Project Officer "