Employment type: Full time
Required No: -
Experience: minimum 1 year
Career level: Junior level
Location: Addis Ababa
Posted date: 1 month ago
Shemu Group is a fast conglomerate company composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza PLC and other functional private limited companies with a fast growth track record. The Companies in the group engaged in manufacturing (liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), retail service providing, printing, trading and engineering. Based on this our corporate office want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post of Sales Clerk we have.
A sales clerk executes customers' purchases, ensures that they have found what they are looking for, and promotes sale items and other relevant products to round out their sale. Some of the detail responsibilities include:-
- Execute sales order forwarded from supervisors
- Uses cash register to execute all customer purchases.
- Changes register tape when necessary.
- Processes cash and credit customer settlement before sales.
- Answers store phones and transfers call to the appropriate department or personnel.
- Ensures that all customers have found what they are looking for.
- Refers customers to management as necessary.
- Assists sales coordinator in closing a sale.
- Assists storekeeper in shelving and restocking items.
- Takes store inventory.
- A level 3 or 4 graduate of Accounting and related fields from recognized TVET.
- 1 up to 2 years proven experience as a sales clerk or cashier
- Ability to work with computers
- Experience in working with a cash register machine is mandatory
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Maintains a professional but friendly demeanor at all times.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of company products and the layout of the retail space.
How To Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies in person within five (05) consecutive working days to Shemu Group Corporate Office located around Kaliti TOTAL or Kafdem Plaza in front of Kaliti Metal Factory (Behind Kaliti Moenco) Shemu group corporate Office building 2nd floor. Or through email stating “Application for the post in which you are applying for” in subject line through email email@example.com in a single pdf file attachment.
Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction will NOT be considered
HRM and OD Director