Customer Service Head
Liyana Health Care PLC
Employment type: full time
Required No: -
Experience: minimum 3 years
Career level: Middle level
Location: Hawassa, SNNPR
Posted date: 1 month ago
About LIYANA Health Care:
LIYANA HEALTH CARE Plc. (LHC) is an integrated health care solutions company that provides high quality yet accessible and affordable specialized clinical services, import and distributes pharmaceuticals, and provides health consultancy service. Currently, LHC comprises seven divisions/business lines: Yanet Internal Medicine Specialized Center (YIMSC), Yanet Trauma and Surgical Specialized Center (YTSSC), Yanet Drugs and Medical Supplies Import (YDMSI), Yanet Drugs and Medical Supplies Wholes Sale (YDMSWS), Divine Touch Nursing Home, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care Center (DTNHPCC), Yanet Community Pharmacy (YCP), and LHC Health Consultancy. Two more facilities, Yanet Dialysis Specialty Clinic (YDSC), and Hawassa Biomedical Engineering (HBME) shall also launch their services in the coming few months.
LHC is looking for qualified applicants for a position of Customer Service Head for one of its specialty centers: Yanet Internal Medicine Specialty Center (YIMSC). Interested applicants who satisfy the minimum requirements are invited to apply for the position.
The position holder leads and manages the functions of the customer handling and information services. She/he is responsible for varied front-line roles that include reception, facilitation of clinical care, client communication, and handling client complaints. The client communication aspect includes handling all patients related face to face or telephone enquiries from various stakeholders including patients and internal colleagues. It also involves leading and developing the clients services personnel to consistently and professionally handle customers and address their concerns.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is member of YIMSC Technical Management Committee and participates in YIMS management team meetings,
- In conjunction with LHC Human Resources department and YIMSC Management recruit, select, appoint, motivate, and retain appropriate staff (porters, receptionists, facilitators, and Information officers) as needed.
- Work with the heads of clinical and therapeutic service departments to ensure efficient service to clients through well-organized and efficient use of staff time.
- Provide induction to new staff and develop the knowledge and skills of existing staff.
- Ensure all staff (porters, receptionists, facilitators and information officers) in the team carryout their duties in a proper manner, with compassion, respect and care to patients and other clients,
- Review the performance and competence of staff through periodic performance appraisals,
- Manage and review annual leave entitlement to ensure that staffing levels remain appropriate throughout the year.
- Prepare the work unit’s annual activity plan and budget, and participates in the overall planning and budgeting of the center,
- Define, set and audit customer service standard from first contact point up to exit with in the YIMSC clinical and therapeutic service system,
- Prepare a space, time, and personnel mix plan for an effective/efficient service delivery (Work flow planning).
- Be a role model for excellent customer service.
- Manage YIMSC’s patient handling processes including registration, distribution, sequencing, waiting time, and maintaining medical records to ensure efficient and effective service in the best interests of the customer/patient,
- Partner with infection prevention personnel to ensure that the clinical and therapeutic service premises is cleaned to an acceptable standard,
- Ensure that clinical equipment and furniture are maintained and serviced to acceptable standards,
- Ensure that porters and facilitators properly sequence direct and usher patients in the waiting areas to physician/consultation rooms.
- Ensure that physicians’ consulting rooms are well kept and properly equipped with the necessary materials,
- Liaise closely with specialists’, clinical and non-clinical departments/colleagues within the center to gather information relevant to patient enquiries,
- Have full information on specialists, services, treatment, fees, and procedures.
- Proactively build and maintain strong internal relationships across departments and functions,
- Ensure the provision of simple, clear, completed and focused information to patients and other clients regarding the service they are seeking and how they get it,
- Identify customer needs and provide all relevant information about services, specialists, fees and payment at the first interaction,
- Organize and broadcast, as appropriate, health education program to patients and other visitors, and also inform services offered at the center,
- Personally receive, manage and process all customer/patient enquiries promptly and effectively in line with LIYANA Health Care guidelines,
- Maintain and administer YIMSC’s page on LHC’S webpage and regularly update information regarding YIMSC’s profile and services offered in collaboration with the IT personnel,
- Manage official Face book, twitter, YouTube, telegram, Google Plus and Instagram accounts of YIMSC and strive to develop as many as possible online contacts, followers and networks and keep them current about YIMSC’s and its services,
- Administer and manage the center’s telephone switchboard (PBX),
- Ensure an outstanding telephone manner and face to face interpersonal skills,
- Manage patients’ complaints in a time sensitive manner in accordance with policy, and in conjunction with concerned clinical unit,
- Conduct patients exit interview and use the result to improve service in the domain of customer handling,
- Ensure adherence to dress code, neatness, and cleanliness of staff.
- Ensure the availability of efficient cafeteria/canteen service to patients, visitors and staff that offer good quality catering services,
- Participate in the preparation of guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), manuals, protocols, checklists and other documents specific to customers service department
- YIMSC 005
- Medical Director
- Reception and Registration, Information Desk, and Facilitation.
- First Degree in Hotel & Tourism Management, Journalism & Communication , Health Sciences & Business,
- Sound written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office & others)
Knowledge and Understanding
- Planning and organizational skills,
- Effective communication skills,
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required,
- Ability to influence, motivate, and persuade others to increase customer-focused service,
- Minimum 3 years in customer handling experience with proven ability to manage a team,
- Experience in Private health institution or hospitality service facility
- Very good communication skill,
- Ability to engage with different types of individuals,
- Tolerant, caring, respectful, and compassionate,
- Committed and reliable,
- Flexible and adaptable.
How To Apply
Applicants are expected to bring their CV and academic credentials to HR department at LHC Head Quarter (Located in former South Spring Hotel, Hawassa) or use email: email@example.com