PROJECT PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Employer: Ministry of Trade and Industry
Employment type: Full time
Required No: -
Experience: minimum 10 years
Career level: Senior level
Location: Addis Ababa
Posted date: 1 month ago
The Procurement Officer is responsible for the procurement management of the IAIP Support Project located at the MOTI. S/he will:
- Serve as the direct liaison between RIPDC and the AfDB Procurement Officer on issues related to procurement.
- Serve as a responsible person dealing with activities related to procurement,
- Responsible for managing the procurement requirements of works, professional services, and equipment in accordance with the agreed procurement rules and procedures. The Procurement Officer will work under the direct supervision of, and be accountable to the National Project Coordinator.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare a detailed procurement plan in line with the directives of proposed and approved AWPBs, in consultation with the Project Coordinator and Project Experts.
- Draft bidding documents; prepare a bill of quantities and scope of work of the planned work constructions, professional services, and equipment procurement’s, in accordance with the AfDB requirements.
- Prepare and publish bidding announcements following the(Executing Agency (EA) clearance.
- Receive, open, screen, log, and date stamps bid responses/quotations, mail as required and organize bids for review by the respective project expert.
- Take part in the tender evaluation committee works, including drafting the tender selection/ evaluation forms, announcing tender results, and preparing the procurement provisions that will be included in the contracts.
- Review periodically the implementation of the works that shall be in compliance with the procurement provisions, in close collaboration with National Project Coordinator and the Project technical experts.
- Follow up and report on any observed discrepancies during EA meetings.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Process requisitions into purchase orders using Automated Procurement System.
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
- Respond to inquiries from EA staff regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, and pricing information.
- Supervise and manage project vehicles and machinery movement. Review of project vehicles and machinery logbooks and files. Follow vehicles and machinery maintenance and fuel consumption according to AFDB regulations.
- Take part in the provisional and final acceptance works including the preparation of the respective committees and the acceptance of the works/professional services/equipment delivered.
- Perform related work as required.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Business Management, Finance, or a relevant field is required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the implementation of procurement procedures with international organizations.
- Extensive knowledge of AfDB procedures.
- Experience with donor-funded projects will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in procurement procedures, rule, and regulations;
- High integrity, strong result orientation, drive for excellence and takes initiative;
- Fluency in English required; working knowledge of another language would be an added advantage;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Be a team player and have client focus.
- Good interpersonal skills and result orientation;
- Work experience with MS Office applications is a must
How To Apply
Interested applicant should submit their CV, Non-returnable copies of credentials and cover letter explaining their qualifications and experience relating to the job description prior to the application deadline of this vacancy announcement to the following address
Ministry of Trade and Industry, 3rd-floor Human Resource Management & Development Directorate Around 200m far from Flamingo Restaurant
Tel: 0115-156682 P.O.box 6945